While Bulgarian healthcare is making great strides in digitization, it still needs a holistic approach and a long-term strategic direction.
According to the Healthcare Systems in Transition Report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), approximately 2% of healthcare spending goes towards information technology, placing Bulgaria among the top dozen countries in Europe. Yet, at the same time, there are still many challenges when it comes to quality of care and patient outcomes.
Radoy Pavlov, part of the advisory board at Ocean Investments, addresses this issue in an interview with Capital. He discusses the current digitalization processes and priorities of the Bulgarian healthcare system as well as provides his views on how blockchain can tangibly improve quality of life through health data accumulation.
Some of the topics they covered:
- Radoy’s focus of work within Switzerland’s healthcare system
- The future of healthtech in Bulgaria
- The impact of digitalization for both healthcare practitioners and patients
- Other countries’ valuable lessons in terms of digital transformation
- Insights from the Swiss healthcare system
- The role of private businesses in healthtech