In an interview with Georgi Nenov at The Superhuman Podacst, our founder – Atanas Simeonov – shares many valuable insights & advice from his life and work.
Your Key Takeaways:
Tune in to learn more about the most important lessons for Atanas at the beginning his business journey; how he initiated the idea behind VIP Security and how he translated that into reality; lessons learned from the entry of large, international companies into Bulgaria and their cooperation with VIP Security; how did the ideas for the digital era of the business group come about – Resolute Software, Amatas & Ocean Investments; the role of Endeavor Bulgaria, Atanas, and the people involved in this project, who invest in the global future of Bulgarian start-up companies, and thereby – in Bulgaria’s future.
Watch the full interview here to learn more about:
- Who is Atanas Simeonov?
- The path to entrepreneurship?
- Why did Athanas choose to study law?
- How did “Rocky” inspire Atanas to take up martial arts?
- How did kyokushin karate influence Athanas?
- Mr. Simeonov’s first serious business venture.
- How was the idea for VIP Security born?
- Which clients are “carrier rockets” and why are they important for business?
- What is the biggest problem in business?
[00:29:36] – Listen to the older, the more experienced, the more knowledgeable – and look for what you can learn from them.
- What counts as criteria for success and what is success?
- How does a company create a 20-year process for continuous growth?
- What is the biggest challenge for fast-growing companies?
- How is culture cultivated?
- How did AMATAS come about?
- How did the idea for Resolute Software emerge?
- What is the economic role of family businesses?
- What brought Atanas Simeonov’s sons into the family business?
- What is the role of parenting?
[01:17:10] – The point of life is to succeed at it, to capitalize on it, work FOR it, not just letting it happen to you.
- What is Endeavor? What is the organization’s mission?
- What is the role of Endeavor’s Co-Chair?
- What is Ocean Investments?
- What is the most important business skill?
- What is the biggest problem in Bulgaria?
- Does Mr. Simeonov have time left to read books?
- How to make Bulgaria a happier place?
Do you have a groundbreaking business idea we should know about?
At Ocean Investments we seek to invest in smart entrepreneurs or early-stage tech start-ups with great ideas and global ambitions in 3 main sectors: cybersecurity, healthtech and real estate.
Does this sound like you? If the answer is yes, then reach out to us and let’s talk!