At Ocean Investments, we’re always keen to share insightful and forward-looking content, especially from our portfolio companies. AMATAS, a notable name in our portfolio and a pioneer in the cybersecurity sector in Bulgaria, recently published an enlightening article on Digitalk.bg about the technological landscape of 2024. Here, we present the key takeaways from this article, reflecting on how these advancements might shape our future.
- Rise of Generative AI: AMATAS highlights the significant impact of generative artificial intelligence (AI) in reshaping business and technology landscapes. This technology is not just a trend but a fundamental transformation in how humans interact with machines, integrating them as part of human teams.
- New Cyber Risks: With the advent of generative AI, there are emerging cyber risks, including exponential misinformation, increased cybercrimes, self-learning malware, and threats to personal privacy.
- Cybersecurity Challenges: Boris Goncharov, Chief Strategic Officer at AMATAS, emphasizes that cybersecurity doesn’t have a definitive solution. The market is saturated with products, making it challenging for companies to find the right solution for new AI-related threats. (Curious to learn more? Delve even deeper into Boris’ vision on the future of cybersecurity.)
- Autonomous Security Ecosystems: The future is expected to see the rise of autonomous security systems capable of independently managing and solving problems. Predictive cybersecurity approaches will become more prevalent.
- Widespread AI Integration: By 2028, 75% of corporate software engineers are expected to use AI assistants for coding. Over 80% of enterprises will implement generative AI models and applications in production environments by 2026.
- Key IT Trends: Among the technological trends Gartner identifies as crucial for business decisions in the next 36 months are: sustainable technologies, democratized generative AI, and the rise of developers enabling non-specialists to create solutions using appropriate technologies.
- Focus on Added Value: Businesses must continuously adapt to changes in internal and external customer demands, leveraging machine clients, connected workforces, intelligent applications, and sustainable technologies.
- Investment Protection: Companies should ensure the protection of their investments by calculating ROI with predefined safety measures and creating innovations with intellectual property rights in mind.
- Security Assurance: Cybersecurity will continue to be a key factor for business success. Gartner predicts a global increase in security and risk management spending, reaching $215 billion next year.
- AI as the Foundation: The future of technology is inseparably linked with AI, offering more opportunities for business and cybersecurity. Companies must explore AI’s potential in back-office, front-office, new products and services, and fundamental capabilities.
This article from AMATAS provides a comprehensive overview of the technological advancements expected in 2024, emphasizing the growing importance of AI in various sectors. As we at Ocean Investments continue to support and learn from our portfolio companies like AMATAS, we look forward to embracing these changes and opportunities that lie ahead.